All babies cry, even some babies cry very often. Crying is actually a baby language that we don't understand. When they cry, there must be something to say.
Often babies cry and fuss because they feel hungry, tired, cold or hot, bored, wet diapers, or feel sick. So, don't think badly because your baby is crying all the time, this is a way to tell you that they need something.
Trying to silence and calm a crying baby is a way for parents and babies to get to know one another. At least every baby cries about 1-4 hours a day.
The more you are calm and not carried away by the cry of your baby, the baby will be easier to calm down. Mothers who see their babies crying will surely try to calm her down. But sometimes what the mother does makes the baby cry even louder. Then how to silence and calm a crying and fussy baby?
1. Swinging movementBabies love movements when they are carried. You can start by taking a sling and then making a swinging motion to calm your baby. The firmer the baby's cry, the faster you have to swing it.
2. The ‘sshh’ soundIt turns out that calming the baby by the way the mother produces the sound 'sshh' is not just a hereditary habit. This 'sshh' sound can make babies more calm and comfortable because the sound is similar to the sound when they are in the womb. Make sure the ‘sshh’ sound that you produce is louder than the baby's crying, so that the baby hears it.
3. Soft touchNever underestimate the 'strength' of your touch in making the baby more comfortable. Of course the main step in soothing a crying baby is to touch it. Even so, it's not uncommon for babies who need more than just touches to make them comfortable, such as sling, patting their backs, or massaging them gently.
Calming a crying baby is one way to get closer to the baby. That way, you will try to find out what kind of environment makes it more comfortable and quiet, like some babies like dark lights and some don't. Or maybe your baby prefers a quiet room atmosphere, but there are also babies who prefer the atmosphere outside the home or the crowd. Adjust your environment so that the baby is more calm and comfortable.
4. Know and adjust the environment around the baby
5. Other tricksThere are several other ways that can make the baby more calm, such as:
- Bathing the baby with warm water
- Carrying a baby while singing or making a 'sshhh' sound
What if the baby cries while being breastfed?Not infrequently the baby cries and looks nervous when you are giving him milk or breast milk. If you breastfeed the baby, he may feel uncomfortable with your breastfeeding position, so that the milk does not come out perfectly and he feels constantly hungry.
Improve your breastfeeding position. Sometimes babies cry because of symptoms of reflux or food returns to the throat shortly after being given food. If this happens, consult the baby immediately to the doctor.
Tags : parenting